Thứ Ba, 5 tháng 5, 2009

Unit 116: Like and As.

A. Like=similar to/the same as
What a beautiful house. It's like a palace.
palace: cung dien
It's raining again. I hate weather like this.
B. Like=for example.
Some sports, like motor racing, can be dangerous.
or: such as.
Some sports, such as motor racing, ca be dangerous.
C. As ( truoc chu ngu+dong tu).
I didn't move anything. I left everything as I found it.
They did as they promised.
I can say: as you know, as I said, as she expected, as I thought.
As you know, it's Tom birthday next week.
I can say: as usual, as always.
You're late as usual.
D.  As and Like.
Compare:
Brenda Casey is the manager of a company. As the manager, she has to make many improtant.
Mary Stone is the assistant man ager. Like the manager, she also has to make important decisions.
decision: quyet dinh.
As=in the position of, in the form of.
A few years ago I worked as a bus driver.
Many English words can be used as verbs or nouns.
We say: regrad...as
I regrad her as my best friend.
regrad: xem nhu, coi nhu

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét